Highlighted

Bookmark applied to selected text - "Untitled"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command-B to apply a bookmark - seems to have changed behaviour mid-document.

Select Text

Command-B

Bookmark is created....but every time it is named 'Untitled' - not very useful in a 400 page document where bookmarks are needed on every page.

The 'Create Bookmark' Button does seem to work correctly... so why different behaviour for what should be the same action?

It's a work-around - but massively slower than being able to Mouse/Keyboard

Correct answer by DanconKP | Community Beginner

Thanks Try67, Yes, Text copies across applications OK...

I found a suggested answer that seemed to work - Deleting the Users preferences folder... (once I could find it)

But then had to spend 30 minutes resetting the useless Adobe Toolbars, Default USA preferences etc.

Doesn't really explain the bug/different behaviour between the Button & the Keyboard shortcut to the same action... but do at least get 'normal' bookmarking now.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bookmark applied to selected text - "Untitled"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command-B to apply a bookmark - seems to have changed behaviour mid-document.

Select Text

Command-B

Bookmark is created....but every time it is named 'Untitled' - not very useful in a 400 page document where bookmarks are needed on every page.

The 'Create Bookmark' Button does seem to work correctly... so why different behaviour for what should be the same action?

It's a work-around - but massively slower than being able to Mouse/Keyboard

Correct answer by DanconKP | Community Beginner

I found a suggested answer that seemed to work - Deleting the Users preferences folder... (once I could find it)

But then had to spend 30 minutes resetting the useless Adobe Toolbars, Default USA preferences etc.

Doesn't really explain the bug/different behaviour between the Button & the Keyboard shortcut to the same action... but do at least get 'normal' bookmarking now.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to copy the text and then paste it into another application, like Word? Does it come out correctly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0