Highlighted

Bookmark Zoom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be stumbling over a very basic point.

After the last update of my Acrobat Pro DC, I am unable to set custom zoom settings for my bookmarks.

All bookmarks default to one of the five options:

Fit Page

Actual Size

Fit Width

Fit Visible

Inherit Zoom

... whereas before they would maintain the custom zoom current when they are first saved.

I see the option to "Use Named Destination".  I have tried defining and referencing destinations with no success.

What am I missing ?

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bookmark Zoom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be stumbling over a very basic point.

After the last update of my Acrobat Pro DC, I am unable to set custom zoom settings for my bookmarks.

All bookmarks default to one of the five options:

Fit Page

Actual Size

Fit Width

Fit Visible

Inherit Zoom

... whereas before they would maintain the custom zoom current when they are first saved.

I see the option to "Use Named Destination".  I have tried defining and referencing destinations with no success.

What am I missing ?

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell if this is happening with one particular PDF or with every PDF that you try to set these bookmarks  zoom preferences?

Would it be possible if you can share a sample of the file with the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our use of bookmarks is to zoom into enlarged areas of old structural drawings.

For example, I created a bookmark named "Column" in the attached PDF, at a custom zoom:

Bookmark.jpg

Prior to the software update, the bookmark would maintain the zoom level at which it was created.

Now, when you start at Actual Size zoom level, then click the bookmark, it does not restore the custom zoom. 

The sample PDF can be downloaded here:

Sample 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly new to Acrobat is the ability to set a default bookmark zoom.  In the past, your bookmarks always inherited the zoom from when it was created.  If you click on the Settings icon in the Bookmarks panel, you can use a default preset or the older Inherit zoom option.

inheritzoom.png

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, "Inherit Zoom" was selected.

In my case, the bookmark does not seem to inherit the zoom level at which it was created.

It inherits the zoom level of the previous view.  See my comments to ls_rbls.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines