• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarking keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-B)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with ACROBAT PRO DC with the keyboard shortcut for adding bookmarks in PDF files. The problem is when I hit Ctrl-B, add bookmark works SOMETIMES (very inconsistent).  Often I have to hit the shortcut multiple times, before it registers (if at all).  

I use Acrobat Pro DC v.18.009.20050.57426 (all up-to-date) with latest updates installed on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system.

I have followed the suggested steps here (reset preferences, repair installation), and still have the same issues.  These PDFs are created using InDesign.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointed that the only way I can obtain troubleshooting help with this issue is with the forum, and no one is answering my request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very hard to help solve a problem that sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't, and that we can't reproduce ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is it a sporadic problem, it also does not seem to be a very common problem: I've never heard about this before, and I never ran into it myself. This points to something that is very likely outside of the application. Do you have any software installed that might use Ctrl-B for a different purpose? Does something else happen when you use Ctrl-B? I am running software that does screen shots and screen capture clips, and it uses a number of different keyboard shortcuts. Some of the default ones do interfere with shortcuts that I am using in software applications, so I had to change some of these key combinations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I don't have any special software installed on this computer (that uses Ctrl-B), outside of the standard MS Office and Adobe suites.  This is a new work computer that I have had for a month, so everything is set to default settings for the most part.  I've had this issue in Acrobat ever since I've installed it on my new machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 2015 Version (Classic) Version 15.006.30394.57353 installed on Windows 10 Pro (1709) 64-bit. Everything is up-to-date and the suggested steps which are linked in the first post were already done.

It's happening on multiple workstations in our company. There is no special software installed, which reacts to "CTRL+B".

It's happening with all PDF files. Sometimes you have to press (Ctrl+B) multiple times to create a shortcut. Also a click on the "new bookmark" icon has this issue.

The first time I recognized the issue was 1-2 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confronted this problem as well. But for me, the problem of Ctrl-B does not only exist in ACROBAT DC, but also in Microsoft Word. I quitted the software I opened one by one and found that when one other software opens, the Ctrl-B does not work. When that software quit, the Ctrl-B works. I checked the shortcuts of that software and found that yes, it is the shortcut setting of that software causing the problem. I am not sure about your issue, but you can check just in case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines