• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks panel missing when viewing in web browsers

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last week users have been reporting that PDF docs are not displaying any bookmarks panel on left site of browser.   These PDFs are opened from a Sharepoint Online page using EDGE, CHROME or IE11.  The bookmarks display if i download the PDF and open it in Acrobat.  We don't even see the bookmarks menu icon to the left of the other adobe menu icons.  

Neal5E9E_0-1615236422819.png

We're not aware of changes in Sharepoint or the browsers that would cause this to disappear.  

Any idea why the bookmarks disappeared and how to make them appear in the browser display again?

All ideas appreciated.  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report this issue to the developers of these PDF plugins. The Adobe PDF plugin will only work in IE, currently, and it should display the Bookmarks panel there, if there are bookmarks in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I contact the developers of the PDF plugin for Chrome browser?

Bookmarks I created in Acrobat Pro, when opened in Adobe Web documents, do not display. Sometimes I can refresh the page, and the bookmarks will appear, and other times no matter how many refreshes those darn bookmarks do not show. I need them to display for it's a critical aspect of my internal document review process. It looks like Bookmarks are showing in firefox though. But most people are using Chrome so I don't  want to tell my reviewers only review in Firefox, that would be ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines