• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 852 page document and have created 852 bookmarks.
However, the bookmarks have more data/fields than I highlighted.
prefix extra 40 digits of dates and 4 spaces
suffix are characters I was able to modify and remove.

How do I either just get the field I highlighted as the bookmark or remove the prefix 44 digits / dates?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you created the bookmarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - I created the bookmarks ... 852 pages and 852 bookmarks.

the bookmarks have additional numeric data in them i need to removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I spent 2 hours going 1 by 1 to rename them by removing the data.

I would liek to know how to do this with a command.  The extra data is on the front-prefix.  The sufix was easy as alpha data and I was able to remove

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Bernd was asking "How were the bookmarks created?" .

But regardless, if you have Acrobat professional, then you can write a script to walk the bookmarks and rename them according to your requirements.

If you could provide an example of the bookmark format, then we could suggest some scripting ideas. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - trying to test the sorting process what I have now (not final) ... sorting the 852 pages takes time.

On How bookmarks were created.  I highlighted one number on the document and used the Plug-Ins ... Bookmark Text by Example, 

checked - Use text color - Unchecked Use font name - Unchecked Use Font size

Text filter - First Character Is Digit

Run

multiple numbers outputed and a sufix

Federal Taxes I could remove

example below

07/15/2019 07/28/2019 08/02/2019 5051123881 333333333 Federal Taxes

In the example, need this in this order:

333333333 5051123881

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ok to do a quick call on the script ... never done one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With scripting you can automate all kinds of tasks that take hours. Anything that has a predictable and consistent pattern can be automated, such as your bookmarks. 

However, since you created the bookmarks, why not create them the way you wanted in the first place?

The tool you used to create the bookmarks is a third party plug-in that none of us know about.  What is it?

Do you have any experience with programming languages?  

You'll need to run this script from the console window. You'll find a video tutorial on it here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Free_Videos.cfm#JSIntro

This short script will modify the names of all the top level bookmarks according to your specification, as long as they all exactly follow the pattern you've provided. 

var bkmks = this.bookmarkRoot.children;
for(var i=0;i<bkmks.length;i++)
{
   var aParts = bkmks[i].name.split(" ");
   bkmks[i].name = aParts[4] + " " + aParts[3];
}

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bernd & Thom - thanks today for you responsiveness!

Was not sure is Adobe Acrobat would even work to get these 852 pages in an order.  Is was a little of both using the tool but also I did some manually due to my timing and lack of ability/time to do/test the Script (not any real programming languages experiences).

In reference to the tool used to create the bookmarks ... YES it is a third party plug-in.

Yesterday I just had Adobe Acrobat approved and installed on my computer.  I was learning if Adobe Acrobat could even help me.  Bookmarks looked promising.  I search the internet and I am better mainly learning from a video so here is the video I found.  I

Sorting Bookmarks and Pages in PDF's with AutoBookmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKlV_k6ixE

It referenced the Plug-Ins option at the top of the main tool bar ... my initial Adobe Acrobat install did not have the Plug-Ins option.  And exactly as you stated this is from a 3rd party per my company Help Desk ... and a free 30 day trial I am using.  Use this link for the Plug-Ins option.

https://www.evermap.com/autobookmark.asp

I have not tried doing the Script yet but am definitely interested in learning to see it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines