Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boolean search operator issue

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

I'm trying to search in multiple files using a Boolean search task. I want to look for the term: WO II 

In the searchbox I write: "WO II" in order to have Acrobat return to me files that only consist WO II. However, it does not find anything. This is strange, as I know that many of the files do in fact contain that term.

When I search for just WO II (without quotes) it does give me files that contain the term but also many other fails containg phrases like: 'Wormer verstrooiing"

Secondly: I have tried to search with the Boolean 'OR' operator as follows:

"Tweede Wereldoorlog" OR "WO II" OR "WO 2" OR WOII OR WO2

This was without any success.

Can someone help me understand what I can and can not do in Acrobat regarding Boolean search operators? The general helppage for this is not detailed enough to help me out.

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

There aren't that many options, but I think you can solve your issue simply by ticking the "Whole words only" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't that many options, but I think you can solve your issue simply by ticking the "Whole words only" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I can't tick the "whole words only" option if I'm using Boolean search option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry. You were right! It worked! Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disgracefull advanced search it is unaccepatable. Adobe immediatly post a working example of how to use advanced search to search a set of pdf documents that are in a folder and also in sub folders of that folder. Show a Boolan expression that works like find lets say Table AND fridge AND Door OR Handle but does not contain House

I believe adobe should refund my subscription, WHY because there product acrobat does not work as is described. FIX IT!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may be wrong, But I have had nothing but trouble with boolean searches and there is very little help about it.

Certainly at the very least if Adobe claim it works then they should give a working example of a complex boolean search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines