Highlighted

Brother scanner ADF no longer works with Twain scanner

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happenned recently with all scanner presets. It works going to the native driver but that's a PITA..

Is theRe any registry entry to add or change?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brother scanner ADF no longer works with Twain scanner

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happenned recently with all scanner presets. It works going to the native driver but that's a PITA..

Is theRe any registry entry to add or change?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have added that the ADF attempts to work but the paper is not sucked in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-installing Acrobat DC and the Brother drivers it still didnt work.  I decided to try the ADF using an old version of Omnipage. That software asked me to configure and test the Twain driver which I did with the ADF. After that Acrobat worked again with the ADf under TWAIN. So probably something slammed the registry setting for the scanner. After hours of futzking about, it seems to indicate that Acrobat is incapable of checking the driver's health which is probably as it should be but perhaps there should be a preference setting for scanner set-ups instead of trying to do it automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0