• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk validation

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to digitally sign over 80 individual sheets of a planset, but after each signature process I had to wait for the new and all prior signatures to be validated before I could move to the next sheet.  The time to validate increased exponentially with each sheet, taking an inordinate amount of time to complete the entire signing process.

Is there a way to simply sign all sheets first, and then do a single validation at the end when all of the sheets have been signed?  

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use stamps for the sheets and use one signature for the whole document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Each time a digital signature is applied the entire file has to be validated.

However, there's absolutely no need to sign a file more than once by the same person. It's redundant.

Sign it once at the end of the process. If your workflow requires a signature on each page then do as Bernd suggested and add an image of a signature or a stamp or something like that, and at the end of the process sign it for real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You MUST NOT use digital signatures to sign pages. Absolutely must not. At even 10 signatures it becomes slow, 80 is impossible. Because this is not how digital signatures are used; they are always a stamp on the WHOLE FILE. They also put a stamp on a page; in my view this was a terrible design fault. Ignore the stamp. If you want a stamp, add stamps. Then sign once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines