• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C#.Net (console application) to Merge PDF from Acrobat DC SDK ("Web Server")

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, 

I'd like to use the C# .Net (console application) to Merge PDF from Acrobat DC SDK ("Web Server"), Is it possible to do? If not, please let me know how can i do it? 

And what's difference between Adobe PDF library SDK & Acrobat DC SDK? Which one can run to "Web Server" for Merge PDF? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC SDK is a library for automating Acrobat SDK - it is for licensed users of Acrobat, who have Acrobat installed. Acrobat MUST NOT be installed on a server, so it is impossible to use the Acrobat SDK for this application.

The PDF Library SDK is similar but does not need Acrobat. It might be suitable for your use, but it is a low level library, and you will need detailed understanding of the PDF format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name, 

Thanks for your reply much appreciated, it would be of greate help.

I've another qeustion regarding the "PDF Library SDK", it can be installed on a "Web Server"? License server support from Acrobat? and the "PDF Library SDK" is cloud based version or local version?  (our server cannot connect to internet, no network connection). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe PDF Library is licensed after discussion and negotiation. You will need to negotiate terms, pricing and royalty structure that reflects your particular usage case. When installed, it is entirely local; no internet connection is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name, 

Thanks for your information. 

More Informaiton: The target server with OS MS Server 2012 R2 installed. We are using C# .net framework 4.5.2 to develop the console application.

I would like to know if  "PDF library" could achieve the following actions?

1. Convert image files(e.g.  JPG, TIF) to pdf file?
  2. Combine multiple pdf files into one pdf file (append pages)?

Is there any dependency (application to be installed) for the SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe PDF Library is licensed by Datalogics on behalf of Adobe. Please go to http://www.datalogics.com/ for info and support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines