• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAC Certificates not recognized after Mac OS patch 24 Sep 2020

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the recent Mac OS patch (24 Sep 2020-Mojave 10.14.6), Acrobat DC no longer recognizes the certifictes on my CAC (reader SCR33110 v2.0).  Prior to this, I have never had any issues.  The patch is the only thing different I can point to.  I can access CAC-protected websites.

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening in government computers try to get support first through your IT support team; see if they know of any issues with that patch.

If this is a personal computer check with the Apple support forums and any release notes related to that patch.

As far as Acrobat, I would say to create a new user profile account in that computer and test if the same problem manifests with a new user account.

If the same problem occurs with new account, then try to see if the problem is corrected by uninstalling and reinstalling  Acrobat, or,

Verify if revocation, the trust information, the expiration date, or the certificate's store location changed.

You may need to  view the information stored for that certificate in the keychain, and specifically the information that belongs to your signing certificate in Acrobat.

Follow this Apple support guidance for your OS to view information in the keychain : 

https://support.apple.com/guide/keychain-access/view-the-information-stored-in-a-keychain-kyca1085/1...

You may have to review the keychain information for that  certificate and see if its trust and validity was lost after the patch was applied.

In Acrobat, you can also go to Edit--->>>Preferences--->>>Signatures--->>> "Identities & Trusted Certificates", click on "More". You should be able to open the certificate manager by clicking on the  "Digital iDs" link and also  be able to edit the trust by clicking on the "Trusted Certificates" link.

Don't forget to check all other preference settings in  the "Signature" section, not just the certificates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear user,

If you have updated to Mac OS Catalina.

Mac OS has moved to CTK based Authentication from Catalina Onwards.

Refer Article:- https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT210541

If you have already upgarded to cataline you need to enable legacy card service

EBABLING LEGACY SMART CARD SUPPORT

It is possible to turn on the legacy tokends by setting the global pref-

erence:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard

Legacy -bool true

The system will ask the user for confirmation before enabling the legacy

support. This configuration change will also require reboot.

Refer Article:- https://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.com/2019/10/macos-catalina-and-smart-cards-status.html

Thanks,

Abhinav Sethi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines