• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculate "Overall Rating" based on Other Field Value Pairs: Rating and Weight

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found plenty of tutorials on how to set a read-only field's value as calculated off other field values entered into the form. However, I have a situation where our HR department is needing an evaluation form to present the manager 10 different ratings areas for various aspects of an employee's job responsibilities but they are also allowed to set the weight of the value for calculating an overall value from these 10 areas of rating. 

Brief example: 
Responsibility 1 = 5
Weight R1 = 25%

Responsibility 2 = 3
Weight R2 = 10%

Responsibility 3 = 5
Weight R3 = 65%

What I need to do is find a means of calculating the "Overall Rating" based on the Responsibility value and weight given for how much of the overall rating should be impacted by said value. In my example above I have 3 areas rated with a total weight of 100%. Is there a means to leverage these values to calculate the "Overall Rating"? Can the solution be such that if the manager only uses 7 of the 10 areas, that the calculation will only be determined on the 7 rather than including the 3 they omitted? 

Any and all help would be appreicated in this matter. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found a means of accomplishing this. I was making it harder on myself than it had to be.

My solution leverages a hidden, calculated field that goes ahead and multiplies the weight agains the rating to provide the weighted value for each area. I will then leverage the hidden fields to sum, divide, and then multiply by 100 to get the overall rating value. 

The only trick I'm still needing to figure out is how to script it so that if a manager doesn't utilize all 10 areas, that the empty areas are not calculated into the overall average and that my divisor remains dynamic as it may need to be divided by 5 if only five areas are used or it may need to be divided by 10 if all 10 areas are used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another question: How might I map a numeric value to specific choices on a dropdown list? For example, if the calculated value is between 3.0 and 3.9 = Satisfactory on another form field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines