• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculation needed for Acrobat- Prorated Property Taxes

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very specific calculation I need done.  On the top of the form I have an Estimated Closing Date field (called Closing) and an Annual Property Tax Amount field (called Tax).  In a field at the bottom of the page- I need to calculate the prorated property taxes.  This is calculated by taking the annual property tax amount (Tax) and dividing it by the number of months from 01/01 of this year to the date entered in the estimated closing date (Closing).   

I have no clue how to do this.   HELP!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "number of months", exactly? Full calendar months, no matter their length? In other words, is the result for June 1st the same as for June 30th (5, in this case)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

So if the estimated closing date is June 1st then it's 5 months but if it's June 30th then we divide by 6 months.   If it's closing 10/1 it's 9 months but 10/15 would be 9.5 months.   And we often have random dates like closing on 10/26 which would be 9.84 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the fraction is the number of days passed divided by the number of days in the last month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well- to be more detailed.  the total calculation I am needing is taking the annual tax amount divided by the number you get by doing the above calculation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or i guess another way you could do it would be to take the annual taxes and divid by 365 days.  then calculate the number of days from January 1st to the closing date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's easier to do... You can use this code as the custom calculation script of your field to achieve it (I assumed the date format is "mm/dd/yyyy". If it's not edit it in the code):

var closingDateString = this.getField("Estimated Closing Date").valueAsString;
var taxAmount = Number(this.getField("Annual Property Tax Amount").valueAsString);

if (closingDateString=="") event.value = "";
else {
	var closingDate = util.scand("mm/dd/yyyy", closingDateString);
	event.value = taxAmount / getDayOfYear(closingDate);
}

function getDayOfYear(d) {
	var start = new Date(d.getFullYear(), 0, 0);
	var diff = d - start;
	var oneDay = 1000 * 60 * 60 * 24;
	var day = Math.floor(diff / oneDay);
	return day;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines