• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe convert text and sort by number?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here's a tough one- that may not even be possible. 
Every week I download over 200 pdf sheets with transportation routes listed in the top right corner. The routes (4000-8000) are downloaded in random order. 
Is there a way Adobe can recognize just a portion of the page/route number (not the whole page which has other numbers on it likes pick up times) which is the same location on every sheet and then sort by number? Maybe export to excel to sort?

there has to be a solution to this 🙂

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is very likely possible with a script. I've developed many custom-made tools that do stuff like that for my clients, and would be happy to create one for you as well, for a fee of course.

I will need to see some sample pages to let you know for sure if it can be done, though. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines