• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete all comments on a PDF at once

New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add comments on a PDF for team use and proofing.

When the PDF is final, I would like the option to delete all comments on all pages and save as a final version for client, without the client seeing any of the comments.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Not with one click but with just a few clicks: When you look at the list of comments, go to the last one and select it, then scroll up to the first one, hold down the shift key and select the first comment. This should select all comments. You can now delete them by right-clicking on one and selecting "Delete" from the menu. This should also work by selecting the first comment first, holding down the shift key and selecting the last comment, but I've had better luck with the process I described

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Seriously, bless you for providing a simple, direct, and effective solution. I had to sign up just to let you know, haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!

I downloaded a pdf with 1000+ comments, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open the PDF and mine had 7550 comments in it. (Autocad text). Seriously slow and bogged down. Then I print to PDF and the new one doesnt have the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.

The solution from try67 works where all others fail to remove locked SXH Text Comments. When they number in the thousands, they are the most common cause of Acrobat memory leaks and program crashs. 

Search these forums for "How delete blocked SHX comments"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know other people have already offered solutions, but the easiest way to do this in my oppinion is to just open the pdf in google chrome and print to pdf.

This will quickly strip all comments and optimize a new pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting link.

Ive never personally seen any artifacts from "refrying" (new term I learned from your link) but I understand how that could happen.

In the context of this commenters question it seemed to be the easiest and fastest alternative. Im sure if the pdf didnt generate correctly then they would use any of the other options described in this thread. 

Thanks for letting me know the pitfalls of this method though. I will definately use this method more cautiously now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines