• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I digitally sign a SECURED document?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DarkSignature20141217.jpgSecured20141217a.jpgGraySignature20141217.jpgNRCProperties20141217.jpgI have a user who has received a SECURED document. I have attached the document properties page. My user would like to digitally sign this document. But, when she/I try to sign the document, the Signature option is grayed out. Can SECURED documents be signed? I am able to sign other documents.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible if there are blank digital signature fields present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify what George Johnson meant. First, before you secure your PDF you need to add unsigned signature field (one or more) at the places in the document where you want the signatures to appear. Then you secure your PDF. Tehn you can sign it in the already existing unsigned signature field. If you received secured PDF from someone else and it does not contain unsigned signature fields then you cannot sign it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sigh, in this case the latter is true. We received the PDF from another organization. We would need to convince them to change it.

But, Thank you for your help! You clarified the relationship between password security and digital signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines