• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I import file names of ,pdf files and have it appear on respective pages when combining into one

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several .pdf files. Some have a few pages (5 max), and some are single page .pdf. The file names are as example TC001TS02.pdf (3 pages), TC001TS05.pdf (1 page), TC002TS01.pdf (1 page), TC003TS05.pdf (1 page). These pages do not have headers or footers, page numbers, or eSig, etc.

I want to combine these into one .pdf file (which is easy). Then I need to add a Header or Footer and page x of y that is common to all of them... so I would have six pages in this example, Page 1 of 1 to Page 6 of 6... again, easy. BUT... what i would like to have occure at the time I use the combine tool (or other method you recommend), is to have the FILE name stamped onto each page of the respective document. 

So immediatly after the intial combine... when I open the combined document, somewhere on the first three pages "TC001TS02.pdf " would appear... then the same behavior for the last three pages respectively showing the file name of their source file. 

Any ideas how to get the individual/source file names into the combined result?

I'm using Acrobat DC. 

Thank you!

Gifer

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do it in a roundabout way, using a script. When you combine the files you can set an option to add a bookmark pointing to the first page of each file. This gives you the information you need to then add those bookmark names to the pages of the merged file, for example using this (paid-for) tool I've created: http://try67.blogspot.com/2009/03/acrobat-add-bookmarks-namesnumbers-to.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines