• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I insert a hyperlink in a form that will take the user to a specific object in a separate pdf?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 18 page checklist form that corresponds with a 97 page instruction manual.  Is it possible to add hyperlinks into the form that will jump the user to a specific page in the other document?  Is it possible/easier to do it with the instruction manual as a Word doc or PDF?

I'd welcome any alternatives that might come to your mind also!

I'm using Acrobat DC Pro.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can link to a specific page in another file. Create the link and set its action to "Go to a page view".

Then open the other file, scroll to the point you want to link to and then click the Set Link button in the floating window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!!  You're the best!  Follow up question:  It wants to close the form when I click on a link.  Is there a setting I need to adjust so both docs remain open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. After creating the link in the method described above right-click it and select Properties, then Actions, then Edit the current action and change its "Open in" setting to "New Window".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked great!

I did some other research and found that I can link to a Word document if it's an attachment to the PDF.  Is it possible to jump to a specific page of the same word doc with each link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines