• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make a Custom Action to combine PDFs of multiple folders?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of folders with multiple PDFs files inside of them. I need combine the PDFs in each folder together. To be clear the contents of each folder need to stay seperate from one another, so I need to end up with as many PDFs as there are folders. Is it possible to create an Adobe Action to automate this? Or is there some other way to automate this? 

Also, if possible, I'd like to name the PDF the same as the folder it is "distilled" from.

Other Information that may matter: These PDFs are all scanned from paper. The paper doesn't come at the same time, and is ongoing, so I can't just scan the necessary pages all at once into one PDF.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, an Action can only work on either a group of files, or a selected folder, it cannot process a folder and then jump into subfolders and so on. That's the case as long as you stay within Acrobat. If you however step outside of Acrobat and create e.g. a Visual Basic application that then traverses the filesystem and then calls Acrobat to combine the files in each folder, you can get around this security restriction. It does however require you to know how to program in VB and how to use the Acrobat API. As far as I know, that's the only way to do this with Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's only possible using a combination of an Action with a separate script. See this (paid-for) tool I've developed that does just that: http://try67.blogspot.com/2010/10/acrobat-batch-combine-all-files-in.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines