• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I open an Unrestricted Adobe DC file using Adobe XI

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. We are currently running a dataroom where our counterparts have uploaded pdfs in Adobe DC version with a "no print" restriction. When I download that pdf from the dataroom, I am unable to open the pdf since i have Adobe XI installed on my system. 

I just wanted to ask - assuming that there were no restrictions on the Adobe DC version of the pdf, would i be able to open it on Adobe XI?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the file with this Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader XI can also open any normal PDF with print restriction. Perhaps something different is wrong. What is your exact error message or other symptom for this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the dataroom is being hosted by IntraLinks. And as mentioned in my original thread, there is a "No Print" restriction on the file. Most likely Adobe XI cannot communicate with IntraLinks to verify the rights management, which is why Adobe DC is required but it has the capability to communicate with IntraLinks at the backend.

I want to push my counterparts to remove the "No Print" restriction so that the pdf can be opened through Adobe XI. Please if you can confirm whether this will resolve the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed the instructions in the screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I were giving the company advice I would say: do not support Acrobat or Reader XI. It is past end of life and a security risk. Instead insist on keeping Reader or Acrobat up to date, even if users state they prefer older versions for non-security reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines