• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Text Recognition to make a Searchable PDF without changing the original creation date?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our data is constantly used and we bought a new scanner. It turned out the scanner did not make the docs searchable and now I have a large amount of data over several days that is not searchable. The problem is I need them filed with the same creation date for part of the search. Is there any way to do that using Acrobat?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey!

If I understand your requirement correctly, then you are willing to run text recognition to make a searchable document without changing the original document date creation.

As per my knowledge, this is exactly how it works. Not just running OCR, even if you make any other changes to the document, only the "Modified Date" is going to be changed. "Created date" is going to be the same as it is.

OCR & Scanned.PNG

Like you see in the screenshot above, Under File>Ctrl+D or right click>Document Properties>Description only modified date has been changed.

You can run OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to make your scanned document/s searchable.

Choose Tools > Scan & OCR > Recognize Text > In This File. Here are the detailed steps to perform:  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scan-documents-pdf.html#recognize_text_in_scanned_documents

Try with on of the document and see the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines