• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can margins lock an object in adobe acrobat pro DC?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. What I needed to do is mark up some drawings with where works would be taking place. To do this I imported the drawings into a new PDF and using Tools -> Comment -> Shape -> Line I added lines to the drawings. Then I used properties to change their size/opacity and colour to match what I needed.

At this stage I tried to move them to where I needed them and was unable to do so. Click and drag just got a black bisected circle and they remained where I had created them. This was the case on 4 of the 5 pages while the 5th was able to be moved and resized easily even though it had been created exactly the same as the others. However the 5th page was smaller in size than the others (last bit of the diagrams).

So I tried resizing the lines from the left and got an "internal error occured" following which I tried resizing them from the right and it worked following which I could then move and resize the lines as normal.

Which leads me to my questions, are there margins in acrobat pro which will prevent the manipulation of a shape if it goes beyond them? If there aren't why did this issue occur?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat Pro DC? What operating system and version?

On a Mac running the Big Sur 11.1 and Acrobat Pro DC (v21.1.20145), I'm able to move comment lines anywhere in the document window, including outside the page margins, so it's not a limitation of Acrobat. What happens when you try with another document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It varies. Tried it on two other documents one was zoomed out well beyond 100% (big files) and it didn't lock, another was an A4 sized page and did lock when I hit/went beyond the edges of the page. So maybe its the page limits not the zoom?

This is 

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Version 2019.010.20098

Dell Latitude 7400

Windows 10

Work issued PC/program so  I can't change them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines