• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate Acrobat Pro 2020 (I own a legit serial number) - standalone version - no subscription

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer has bought a serial number for Acrobat Pro 2020 for me. Unfortunately, I can not activate the full version, though.

I entered the serial number during the installation process of the app. No effect. Now (after the installation) I do not find any way to (re-)enter the serial number or activate the full version. It does not work automatically when I register (as it often stated on help sites) nor does it give me any "failure message". 

I have tried the activate function ("in Help"), I have downloaded the LimitedAccessRepairTool, opened / closed the application several times and have followed all advice I could find on Adobe support sites. 

I am kind of lost. Does anybody have any helpful advice?

Thank you very much in advance,

Matthias

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, from your post, how much worked. You say it's installed, that you entered a serial, and you can run the app. Is that right?

You say you can't activate. What actually happens when you try to run the software? What messages do you get?

You say you can't re-enter the serial. Why do you want to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name, 

I can run the app and use it in the test version mode, i.e. without the full version's functions like editing PDFs etc. 

Since I felt that using the serial number during the installation process didn't succeed in having the full version activated, I thought I might have to re-enter it. (Which is probably not neceessary, but it was a desperate thought deriving from so many unsuccessful attempts to solve the problem).

There are no messages. 

However, there is the test version icon in the bottom left corner. The Button "Kaufen" (Buy) leads me to the subscription website. (But I don't have a subscription, I have a serial number for the standalone version). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the exact version number you have installed, and let us know. If you are on Windows, Help > About Acrobat Pro. If you are on Mac, Acrobat > About Acrobat Pro. The full version number is something like 2016.123.45678 - all of this is needed for checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you in advance. 

Adobe Pro 2020 Release (Classic)

Version 2020.0001.30002

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 20.1.30002.382653

AGM: 4.30.101

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.46033

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received the following message as a private message (via this forum). 

I guess this is a SCAM... (?)

Is there an email address that can be used to address the Adobe customer support directly?

Quote: 

Subject:  Can't activate Acrobat Pro 2020 (I own a legit serial number) - standalone version - no subscription 
Date: Feb 04, 2021 12:34 PM 

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:-
AdobCustomer24x7@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Note:-Compose New Email and Copy and Paste the Email ID mentioned Abobe and send Email.

Team Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is scam! Adobe doesn't use outlook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem.  As the subscription plan is not available in my country, I had to buy the standalone version of Acrobat Pro 2020 but I cannot install it.

Screenshot showing "Buy" in red at bottom left that links to website page for subscription plans.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 4.46.40 AM.png

Screenshot of purchase with serial number, surname and email address removed to protect privacy.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 4.15.31 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines