Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add Audio to pdf!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

If I try to add an audio file to a pdf (connected with a button) I always get an error message that the wav file needs to be "uncompressed". But even if I try it with an uncompreseed wav-file, it doesn' work. Same error message!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hennings46534148, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience faced because of this issue. You can find the list of supported file formats at the following link:

From the feature spec: "You can place these audio file formats for direct playback in Acrobat 9 and Adobe Reader 9. Direct placement without transcoding is supported in both Acrobat 9 Pro and Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. Acrobat X supports only mp3 Audio." Therefore, I would recommend converting the audio file to mp3 using a free and open-source transcoder such as HandBrake for easier integration.

I'm attaching the snapshot of the page for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link to Acrobat 9 documentation is a bit outdated, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JR, the page mentions that it was last updated on Nov 3, 2020 and looks accurate for the current release. Please let me know if there have been any updates since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right.

In any case, the support of WAV and AIFF formats is part of the specifications of the PDF format, not of the functions of a particular software.

So it doesn't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files natively support WAV and AIFF formats, that is to say without using an external player.

Unlike other audio formats (MP3) which are not natively supported and which require an external player.

If Acrobat says the WAV is compressed, it certainly is.

You can download this sample PDF that contain an uncompressed WAV sound in the attachments pane: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:3694596f-2a42-403a-b122-c51d4f688b9c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines