• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add image to PDF

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I've been having trouble adding images using Edit PDF>Add Image. I'm using Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan), but it happened in 10.11.5 as well.

When I open the PDF, if I try to add a PNG, it will show the PNG under the cursor, but I cannot left click and have the PNG "appear" in the PDF (as it used to). The cursor just moves around with the image under it, but will not respond to any mouse clicks. However, if I add a JPG (which works), and replace it with the PNG using right click-Replace Image from the context sensitive menu, this works fine (usually).

What's happening? How can I fix this? It's intermittent but frequent, which makes it really confusing.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the report. We are sorry that you are facing this issue. This has been reported and is being currently looked at.

For the time being, here is a workaround.

• If you go into an unresponsive mode, press 'Esc' key.
    • You'll come out of the unresponsive state.
  • If you want to add images to the document,
    • Use Right click to invoke the context menu on the canvas area.
    • Use 'Add Image...' option from the menu.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

THE SOLUTION that fixed all issues with my Acrobat Pro DC, including the Add Image Issue, was provided by Dov Isaacs with my deepest appreciation.

I had installed Adobe Reader DC along with Acrobat Pro DC.   That was the problem.  Reader DC broke Acrobat Pro DC.

After uninstalling Reader DC with AcroCleaner tool and doing a repair installation of Acro Pro DC, Acro Pro DC now works exactly as it should.  Removing Reader DC cleared up all issues.

The key is to use the AcroCleaner tool (for DC vers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the report. We are sorry that you are facing this issue. This has been reported and is being currently looked at.

For the time being, here is a workaround.

• If you go into an unresponsive mode, press 'Esc' key.
    • You'll come out of the unresponsive state.
  • If you want to add images to the document,
    • Use Right click to invoke the context menu on the canvas area.
    • Use 'Add Image...' option from the menu.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue on the same OS. The workaround helped, but I hope you get this fixed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the "Add Image" issue. Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-02-2016.html 

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get to the point of install where it says, “Please choose the copy of Adobe Acrobat DC to update” and all my options are grayed out (see pic).  I am running Acrobat Pro DC Continuous.

Please advise – thanks,

Julie Leonard

[ Mod: Personal information removed ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the year 2021, the 'Add Image' issue remains an issue in Acrobat DC Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no difference. It does the same thing! "Unknown Error: The selected image could not be converted and placed in the document." This never happened before until very recently. I have not changed one step of my normal workflow. The current "update" has rendered this feature broken. PLEASE, for the love of (whoever)...acknowledge this broken feature/bug! It has been verified as such. The way one goes about adding the PNG image is not the issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

onkesh -- Nothing in your answers works as you claimed.   Whenever I add an image by any method, including your alleged workaround, Acrobat Pro DC greys out with "Not Responding" shown in the title bar above the Main Menu.  Using the Esc key does NOT end the 'unresponsive mode'.   Unknowledgeable people like you should not offer answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OzPreston 

Please provide some specifics as to what is not working in terms of adding an image via Acrobat's editing function.

It would assist us if you could provide a sample PDF file and the specific image file you are trying to add with step-by-step directions as to what you did and where it failed.

(FWIW, your line castigating another member of this community in the way you did is really not in the spirit of the community here. I did respond to your other posting. If you wish to provide me the information I asked for above, feel free to contact me via private message in this community!)

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Issacs, sorry sir ... about 'castigating' another member of the community ... but when someone claims to be a professional and provides useless answers that are marked as THE Solution, especially for an ongoing bug since 2016, it is hard to swallow without making an unpleasant noise.  THANK YOU for jumping in to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Isaacs,  THANK YOU for providing the solution that fixed all issues with my Acro Pro DC.  Uninstalling Reader DC was the solution.  Now Acro works fine.

Again, thank you,

F. Preston Mitchell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

I knew that having those “parallel” installations was problematic, but I had no idea that it was that bad.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a gif. Can't insert a gif - image previews unter the cursor but when I click it disappears. Your hack doesn't help at all. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Iman,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. What is the dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Make sure that you have the latest version of Acrobat installed, check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Acrobat.

Is it an Animated GIF? If it is, it will not work in a PDF.

Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem.. been trying to work on it for 30 minutes.  yes, our product is up to date and I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - I obviously was able to at one time because I have images on the document from previous versions.  Now I keep getting this message, after trying to copy and past into my pdf that the image cannot be converted to a pdf.  Why should it need to be?

Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tylert,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

Would you please share the screenshot of the exact version of Acrobat you are working on? Open Acrobat>Help>About Acrobat DC.

You can paste the screenshot following the instruction given here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe version.PNGopening image as pdf.PNGunknown error image pdf.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe version 19.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.. I have yet to get a response to the same issue.. for me its not answered. I have provided what you ask.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump.. maybe you can't figure out why I'm having an issue with an Enterprise account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single "response"from an Adobe support person on this thread has been 100% laughable! No help, just more keep em running around in circles so it looks and sounds like we're offering solutions. Why cant you all just say, "Yeah our software is broken, and any of the few things that work now, we're sure we will find a way to break those as well tomorrow, and it doesn't look like our employers (being Adobe) have any intentions of listening to their customers and fixing the problem." Wow! Adobe is the epitome of all NOT to do as a software company, as well as a prime example of how to screw of loyal customers because of greed!      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pointoflife -- You perfectly described the state of Adobe NON-support and NON-help.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am sorry for the delayed response and for the inconvenience caused, the issue has been reported to the Engineering team, and they are working on a fix on high priority.

We'll share an update as soon as the fix is identified and is available.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

[Edited response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All - Is there a resolution for this issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhm, this is Adobe we're talking about. Of course there is not a solution! Like there ever will be... Sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines