• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can´t change the thickness by comment

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am using Acrobat Reader DC 20.006.20042, but when I do underline or highlight by comment, the thickness change function is grey on the tool bar and there isn´t this function of the properties windows.

Dose anyone maybe know why?

1.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Maybe it can be depends on this:

Note: In Acrobat Reader, complete commenting tools are available only in PDFs that have commenting enabled.

Take a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/commenting-pdfs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thanks for your quick reply! I tried to follow the instruction commenting enabled  but I weirdly don't have the choice SaveAs Other >Reader Extended PDF in my Acrobat reader.  So I still have to find other way to fix this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think is a feature available only in Acrobat, not in Acrobat reader. I think you have to ask the creator of the document to save the PDF with that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I think it is related to how you are using it. The line weight function only applies to drawing of lines - not strikethrough or underline. I am using Adobe Reader DC version 15.23.20070.215641 and while your version might be more fully featured, play with the drawing objects  available in the commenting tools. The stright line drawn there is made thicker/thinner by adjusting the weight. In fact other properties including style, start,end, weight and colour can be controlled by drawing the line and thenselecting the object > right-click context menu > properties 

Necroing a dead thread as I didnt find this explanation anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines