• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create pdf file

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a PDF file from an excel file and get error "Adobe PDF printer failed to create the PDF file." I have been using this tool for many years with no problem. I've tried this several times and get same error.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

No. It is all about how MS Office and Windows are coded internaly. This is fixed by updating your softeare products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pestocat2

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided in this KB doc: Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker issues in Microsoft Office on Windows

Could you please confirm the dot version of Adobe Application and OS you are using.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat 8 Professional with Windows 10 and with the latest Windows updates. I don't see away to get version number for Acrobat 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat 8.3.1 Professional. I wonder if installing Acrobat Reader DC did something. Adobe wanted to install it last week and I thought it was a simple update. I have since uninstalled it. Reinstalled 8.3.1 and rebooted PC. But still no luck in creating a PDF file. What could be wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are creating PDF through Print to PDF (Ctrl+P) instead of doing print command do save as option and choose save as type as PDF.

Hope this is what you are looking for..

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the "Save-as" from the Excel File menu. I have been using this for several years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pestocat2

Could you please share the exact workflow you do to create PDF from Excel file.

Please also share the screenshot of the error message you get.

Would like to inform you that Acrobat 8 is not compatible with Windows 10.

It is also an old and unsupported version.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

Attached is the message. PDF_issue_10_22_16.jpg

Now I have some progress. Instead of doing the "Save-As" and choosing the PDF option which I have always used, instead I choose "Print" and for the printer I choose "Microsoft print to PDF". I then can create the PDF file. I suspect that when Adobe installed their Acrobat Reader DC, they flipped a switch to turn off the "Save-As" capability. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone checked to see if Acrobat 8 can be run under Windows 10 or with MS Office 2016 or Office 365:

Adobe support for Acrobat 8 ended November 3, 2011.

https://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/eol/eol_matrix.html#86

Adobe products and Enterprise Technical Support periods covered under the new Lifecycle Policy

Compatible web browsers and PDFMaker applications

The last version of MS Office for which Acrobat 8 could be used was Office 2007 with Acrobat patched to version 8.1.

It appears it is time to update to Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now seem to have an ability to create PDF files. I was using Acrobat 8.3.1 with Windows for several months with no problems and so it is compatible with Windows 10 (Pro Version). Elsewhere there was discussion about getting Adobe to 'turn' Acrobat PDF Maker back on, is this worthwhile to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to create PDFs using Acrobat 8 but there are a lot of features of version 8 that no longer work, like integrating into Word 2016 and Office 360. As newer features are added to Windows 10 you will see even more features of Acrobat 8 fail to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gkaiseril,

Can I get Adobe to turn my Acrobat back on. How do I do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It is all about how MS Office and Windows are coded internaly. This is fixed by updating your softeare products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way to use 3rd party tool which is easy to use and gives you many features .you can try [ Mod: link to irrelevant product removed ]

for any purpose regarding PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines