Can`t fill & sign using android/iOS

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I made a file that i am trying to edit using android. I password protected the file so that only i can edit the file but others can fill & sign it. 

When i`m using a computer there is no issues, but with android / iOS the message "You can`t edit a password protected file" or "This file is writing protected". 

Is there a solution to this? Why does it work on the computer but on the tablet i get this error, is there something in the settings i can change to make this work?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the password protection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remove the password it would allow for people to edit the pdf which we will not allow. 

The password is set only when editing. If I try to fill & sign on my laptop there is no problems even tho the password is set. 

the problem is only showing when I try to fill & sign using a mobile device / tablet which I find strange. 

Is there perhaps something in the settings I can change to fix this problem? As long as no one viewing the pdf can change / alter it I'm happy. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill & Sign on Android or iOS can't change the document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a specific limitation of the mobile app. You need to remove security. 

The security is hardly worth the trouble anyway, as many apps just ignore it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines