• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't insert image into PDF

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro on a PC. About three days ago, I started getting an error message while trying to add images. It doesn't matter what format the image is in. When I try to insert the image, I get an "unknown error" message (see attachment) and I'm told "the selected image could not be converted and placed in the document." Nothing has changed with respect to my system in the last few days. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.error message.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

As per the description I guess it has been working fine a couple of days ago. Is that right?

What has changed recently is the new update. To understand better whether its a latest patch that's causing trouble or something else. Please share the following details-

1- Exact version of Adobe Acrobat. Open Acrobat>Edit>About Acrobat

2- Exact OS version

Meanwhile, steps to perform-

1. Check with a different file, as it could be a file specific issue or its a secured file.
  2. Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Page display>check "Show large images">OK>close reopen app.
  3. Open Acrobat>help>check for update
  4. For testing, 

Navigate to Adobe Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Let us know the result. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes you are correct. It was working fine until a couple of days ago.

In response to your questions:

1. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20135

2.Windows Server 2016

Karl  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these fixes but unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A follow-up update to Acrobat and Reader DC Feb 2021 release for Windows & Mac 21.001.20142 Optional update, Feb 25, 2021, is available. Please install the latest patch following these steps-

Open Acrobat/Reader>help>check for update or install the latest patch from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this. I am facing the same issue.

I am sure this will definetely help.

Alisha Pal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

Open the image in the standard windows viewer. RMB on the picture and select copy. In Acrobat, on the page, RMB and select paste. Image is inserted and you can drag it around.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Version 2021.005.20060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you also experiencing the same "Unknown Error" when inserting an image into PDF? 

Would you mind checking with a different file? Also, try a few troubleshooting steps suggested above. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all the steps above and still have the same problem.  I cannot insert an image or create a custom stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a restart and I was able to insert and image but I still cannot create a custom stamp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, cannot insert png or jpg into PDF. Previously no issue. Now the same error message as Karl5e88.

Also, can no longer combine PDF files in File Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Very frustrating. I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.011.20039 on Windows Pro 10 Version 20H2.  I tried all of the recommended fixes and tried to add multiple jpeg images with no success. Some help from Adobe would certainly be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same issue too. My client can't upload an image into the Interactive PDF I have created. Please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alguien ya tuvo suerte para solucionar este problema, yo tambien tengo desde hace un par de semanas que tengo el error y no puedo insertar la imagen, vi que descargando el archivo imageconversion.api pero no se de donde lo puedo descargar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have adding image issue , I have acrobat pro dc and waiting alot for respond and there is unknown error occurred in the screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to key:  HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\ImageConversionPlugin
  2. Create new REG_DWORD buseSandbox
  3. Set the Value as 0

Worked for me for several computers having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, It worked for me to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Pro and install Adobe DC 64x, log in with my Adobe account and automatically changed to pro correcting the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Juan, I had the same problem and your solution worked for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the only thing that worked for me as well. I tried all the other options before this: reinstalling, modifying security preferences, modifying signature modern UI preferences, updating from within Acrobat, repairing installation, and so on. Thanks for suggesting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines