Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Acrobat DC error 136

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Everytime I try to install the Acobradt the message "Installation Failed" appears with error 136 and when I click retry, the same error repeats. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Error Code 136 is usually caused by a corrupted registry entry. Most errors on your machine are caused by uninstalling programs, installing new ones and accidentally deleting important files.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try installing the application there and check.

You may aslo look at the correct answer marked in the similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/error-code-136-wont-download-trials/td-p/7406417?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

If you get this error message on a MacBook with M1 silicon Apple chip, this solution may help: I created a second user with administrator rights and downloaded the program there without any problems. After that it works for all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

I dopwnloaded the offline installer, and installed it, it gave me multiple errors during installaiton (error 1603 below) but I was able to Ignore and contine and now it is working for a day, i will keep monitoring it, nd if crashed for any reason, i will recontact you.

i will install the log collector tool mentioned in the technical help link so I can provide you with spesific logs collected during hte installaiton.

Thanks.

Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

I encountered the same problem and found a solution today. I removed the empty Acrobat DC folder, and it is solved. Mine is located at D:/AdobeApps/Acrobat DC, but it might differ depending on the setting.

My Acrobat had some issues, so I tried reinstalling it. However, after uninstalling the app, it kept failing to install. Although I tried several methods, including the cleaner tool mentioned above, nothing worked. Then, I discovered an empty folder in the AdobeApps folder. I removed it and tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please update the thread if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

I seem to be having issues installing Adobe Acrobat.  I am using an account provided by my school.  I have uninstalled Acrobat and Reader from my computer and still the download stops at 70-80 %.

The error message reads; "Unable to install product.  Click retry to download and install it again.  (Error Code: 136)" 

Please advise,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try the steps provided in the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/c136-error-when-freshly-installing-acrobat-pro-dc/td-p/936654... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sir, thank you for your response,

I have tried those solutions, and none of them seem to work.  I have deleted all adobe apps, used cleaner, and checked my printer spooler.  Is there any other suggestions you can recommend?

Thank you,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Error Code 136 is usually caused by a corrupted registry entry. Most errors on your machine are caused by uninstalling programs, installing new ones and accidentally deleting important files.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try installing the application there and check.

You may aslo look at the correct answer marked in the similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/error-code-136-wont-download-trials/td-p/7406417?pag...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have recently upgraded to windows 11. I had my Adobe apps installed and working properly until today. Two issues have come up. 

Issue #1: Print to PDF was not showing up after installing Adobe DC through CC on a fresh new computer. Never been turned on. I have found similar threads on how to solve this issue by manually adding a local printer and downloading the drivers that way (shown here [https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/add-pdf-printer-manually.html ] . But no luck. Step 6 on that support thread is where I go wrong because Adobe is not an option under "manufactures". I can find AdobePrint.idf in the program files but can not load the driver properly. Did not work.

Issue#2: The next recomendation by Adobe support was to uninstall Adobe DC. Through CC I hit "uninstall" Adobe DC. Restarted computer after the process was done. Attemped to reinstall Adobe DC but now I have an Error code 136.  I next did the adobe cleaner tool per Adobe's support recomendation here seen here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/c136-error-when-freshly-installing-acrobat-pro-dc...  thinking I was fully removing Adobe DC off my computer in hopes of reinstalling after I restarted the computer. Still no luck. HELP! This is crazy. Still recieving 136 error code when installing Adobe DC and still cant print anything to PDF through Adobe products.

A question ahead of time: Is it safe to uninstall CC app without messup other adobe products i have installed on my computer. Would this help? I have seen this as a suggested solution as well. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links for the cleaner tools are broken. Restarting or stoping or switching the print spooler service to manual did not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get this error message on a MacBook with M1 silicon Apple chip, this solution may help: I created a second user with administrator rights and downloaded the program there without any problems. After that it works for all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also could be due to running out of Drive Space on your destination drive.  Just happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error. "Adobe creative cloud" repair worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC gave me the message "Please wait for update" during the generation of a PDF even though I don't have auto updates selected. After it telling me I don't have permission to open that application multiple timesn I decided to uninstall and reinstall. I've tried numerous times to reinstall and get the error code 136. So no Acrobat at a deadline in 2 hours. What is Creative Cloud "repair"? How do I access it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error when trying to move an installation from the C drive to the D drive. I found there was a folder in the D drive called Adobe and then another within that for Acrobat - I deleted this and then it installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dopwnloaded the offline installer, and installed it, it gave me multiple errors during installaiton (error 1603 below) but I was able to Ignore and contine and now it is working for a day, i will keep monitoring it, nd if crashed for any reason, i will recontact you.

i will install the log collector tool mentioned in the technical help link so I can provide you with spesific logs collected during hte installaiton.

Thanks.

Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same problem and found a solution today. I removed the empty Acrobat DC folder, and it is solved. Mine is located at D:/AdobeApps/Acrobat DC, but it might differ depending on the setting.

My Acrobat had some issues, so I tried reinstalling it. However, after uninstalling the app, it kept failing to install. Although I tried several methods, including the cleaner tool mentioned above, nothing worked. Then, I discovered an empty folder in the AdobeApps folder. I removed it and tried reinstalling the app, which worked this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - thank you for the hint!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found the Adobe DC folder but mine is not empty, do I just delete it and try installing it again ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lo Miller You could try. And if you worry that you might mis-delete impoartant files, you could make a backup before deleting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a genius. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solve! More help than adobe customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me out as well. It is absolutely unforgivable that Adobe does not even remove the installation directory after a 'retry installation' is initiated. Somehow it does not have the rights to manipulate it's own files/directories or they just simply forgot a very simple step in the re-installation process. Oh I'm so pissed at Adobe software of today, I used to love it, it's a total mess now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same worked for me too! Thanks for this. I tried reinstalling it so many times and nothing worked but this simple solution. Genial! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was precisely the solution for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines