Can't Install Required Downloads for Word to PDF Conversion

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime I select a Word file to convert to PDF I get this message:

2020-07-24_21-53-41-293.png

The files helpfully begin to download.  And install!  But, nothing happens.

Trying to open the file again yeilds...the same message.  With the files helpfully downloading.  And installing (a second time?)

Still, nothing happens.

Restarting and trying to open the Word file I get...the same advisory.  And, the files again begin to download.  And install...

Still, I can't open the word file to run the 

Word > PDF

Conversion.

What do you think is happening?

Sincerely,

SR

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Hi SR

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to crrate PDF form Word fiel and getting the above error message.

Is this a behavior with a particular Word file or with all the Word files that you want to create PDFs from? Please try with a different file and check.

What is the Workflow/steps you are doing to create the PDF? Are you creating the PDF from the Acrobat ribbon in Word or are you creating PDF from the Acrobat File menu?

Please try to create the PDF using one t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SR

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to crrate PDF form Word fiel and getting the above error message.

Is this a behavior with a particular Word file or with all the Word files that you want to create PDFs from? Please try with a different file and check.

What is the Workflow/steps you are doing to create the PDF? Are you creating the PDF from the Acrobat ribbon in Word or are you creating PDF from the Acrobat File menu?

Please try to create the PDF using one the many options provided in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/how-to/create-pdf-files-word-excel-website.html and see if that helps.

Also make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20074 of Adobe acrobat DC installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates

If you are on Windows machine you may also try to repair the installation from the help menu and see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After following your suggestion

PLEASE TRY TO CREATE THE PDF USING ONE THE MANY OPTIONS PROVIDED IN THE HELP ARTICLE HTTPS://HELPX.ADOBE.COM/IN/ACROBAT/HOW-TO/CREATE-PDF-FILES-WORD-EXCEL-WEBSITE.HTML AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

I reactivated the Adobe add-in in word.

This brought back the Adobe tabs to the ribbon:

2020-07-26_18-55-00-652.png

Clicking the create option from the ribbon with the document opened in Word worked.

Thanks!!! : )))

Also, fwiw - I'm in Asia.  Had to use a VPN for the USA to post.  

Sincerely,

Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Walker

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines