• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Acrobat since updating iMac to Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open Illustrator, so it isn't an overall Adobe problem. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Sorry for not replying. I couldn't find my way back to the conversation, but I think it's just as well. 

For some reason, Acrobat hadn't been updating. Because I couldn't update it, I contacted Adobe help centre and an agent helped me uninstall then and install a new copy. I'm now fully up to date and Acrobat is working fine.

Thank you, Amal, for letting me know I was running an old copy of Acrobat. That set me on the right path.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lori

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the Acrobat after updating to Mac OS Catalina.

Would you mind sharing more details for a better understanding?  Are you not able to open the  PDF document or is it the Acrobat/Reader DC application that is not opening at all? Do you get any error message when you try to to open the Acrobat? If yes please share the screenshot of the same.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try to remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , Reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the application that won't open. No error message, just a momentary
attempt to open and then nothing.

I don't understand your first suggestion, to create a new test user
profile, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to keep you waiting.  You are using quite an old version of the application  (19.10.20091).  Please try to update the application to the new version 20.12.20043 available an see if that works for you. Go to Help > Check for Updates. You may also try to download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not replying. I couldn't find my way back to the conversation, but I think it's just as well. 

For some reason, Acrobat hadn't been updating. Because I couldn't update it, I contacted Adobe help centre and an agent helped me uninstall then and install a new copy. I'm now fully up to date and Acrobat is working fine.

Thank you, Amal, for letting me know I was running an old copy of Acrobat. That set me on the right path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Lori

We are happy to hear that the issue got fixed and the application is up ar running fine now.

Let us know if you experience any issue and need more help in future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines