Highlighted

Can't open downloaded pdf files on macbook air

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC subscriber. Just got a new Macbook Air and downloaded the software. Download and installation seems to have completed without a problem. Any method of opening a pdf document (double clicking or selecting open with Adobe Acrobat) triggers some kind of reaction but the file does not open. Does anyone have any ideas? I used the same software on my previous Macbook Air (from which I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat) without a problem. Thank you. Linda

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't open downloaded pdf files on macbook air

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC subscriber. Just got a new Macbook Air and downloaded the software. Download and installation seems to have completed without a problem. Any method of opening a pdf document (double clicking or selecting open with Adobe Acrobat) triggers some kind of reaction but the file does not open. Does anyone have any ideas? I used the same software on my previous Macbook Air (from which I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat) without a problem. Thank you. Linda

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the OS version on your new computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what's the exact version number of Acrobat? You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Please try the following steps:

- Launch Acrobat and go to File > Open. Open a few PDFs in Acrobat (even if they do not appear)

- Go to Window > Cascade > Tile.

See if that brings up the PDFs.

If the above steps don't help, run the cleaner tool (https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html) and reboot the Mac.

Then try reinstalling the application from this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for answering. It turned out that Adobe Pro does not work with the latest version of IOS (Catalina) so I was advised either to stop using Adobe or pay $399 per computer (I have the subscription where I can use it on multiple devices (which I regularly do to accomplish different things). I'm a single user but I use several devices. I was told that if I wante that deal, it would cost $899. I'm in Canada so those numbers are more than 30% higher for me. I asked that my account be closed. It wasn't closed and I am still being invoiced for my subscription, which I have been unable to use for months now. Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC is certainly compatible with Catalina.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0