• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open pdf files on galaxy note 10+

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open pdf files on my Samsung galaxy note 10+ I have tried uninstalling it reinstalling it clearing the cache and data nothing fixes it i can opem the same files just fine on my Samsung galaxy note 8 and on my laptop I desperately need help to resolve this

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using adobe acrobat that is in the play store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the discussion,

• I am unable to open pdf files on my Samsung galaxy note 10+ 

I am reading other suport discussions, and I have to ask if you are using the web browser in your phone to access a PDF linked to a website?

Where are you trying to download this PDF from (if that is the case)?

Is your Adobe Reader mobile app configured as the default PDF handler in your mobile device? And have you configured your web browser to download PDFs files instead of opening directly in the browser? Is this happening from a cloud storage service such as Dropbox or GoogleDrive, for example?

Check if in your browser (Chrome based or Mozilla) that you don't have thhe "Automatic Downloads" preference blocked.

Do the same and check in the  "Downloads" preference setting and ensure that you have configured a download location folder in your device. Then  toggle on "Ask where to save files".

• I have tried uninstalling it reinstalling it clearing the cache and data nothing fixes it i can

None of this is probably related just yet to your issue until you confirm if this is related to how you have configured your device with your web browser and your Adobe Readder mobile app first.

•  i can opem the same files just fine on my Samsung galaxy note 8 and on my laptop

If that is the case, compare the settings of your Galaxy 8 with the current settings of your Galaxy 10.

If for some reason you suspect the problem is on the Playstore side of the Google house, use this link as alternate download : https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

NOTE: This download is only 21 MB if you're doing it over cellular data (which I don't think is the issue) try also doing the download from the Playstore over a fast  Wi-Fi connection instead of using your data plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also forgot to mention to check in your Galaxy 10 what is  the default storage location: Internal Memory or an external SD Card. Make sure that if you're installing the APK file  to an brand new  SD Card that it is formatted and accepted by the mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried to open pdf's from my gmail app and using firefox i do not see in my firefox app any of the setting you are mentioning also i can open these files on my laptop and on my note 8 that i upgraded from are you able to walk me threw checking what you have mentioned greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

The Gmail app won't let you view PDFs natively with the Adobe Reader mobile app nor in a web browser.

Most of these new services only provide support for their own PDF viewer. It seems like this may be the issue. This is true with Dropbox, Whatsapp, and maybe with the Micrososft Sotre.

In your Firefox browser, go to settings--->>General-->>"Custom Tabs" toggle off that option that says "Allo apps to open web content in a quickly loading custom tab". 

And also set you Adobe Reader app as the default PDF handler =in your mobile device.

I am looking into other things but is taking me longer than expected. Theere are some built-in settings and defaults in the mobile version that are different from the desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didnt fix it i still get error the file could not be downloaded please save the file to your local storage and then try to open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you get the same error with another web browser? like Chrome or the new Micrososft Edge browser (which is Crome based)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting it opens it from chrome but not Gmail or Firefox do you know why this is or how I can fix it greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the same settings that I suggested I am able to do a long press on a weblink that contains a PDF and select if I want it to open in the web browser or with Acrobat Reader.

See slide below:

20200503_124335.jpg

 

Tapping on Always make the Reader Mobile app my default PDF viewer.

But I'm afraid that if this is problem that you're having is happening with Gmail, you may not be able to do this. 

Your only option left is to try and Save As PDF which will download directly to your device using this method.

Also check if the link is down. Try with other links. If my suggestion in the slide works with other links you'll have to seek support from Google and see what is the issue there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my email in firefox i cant long press on the pdf attachment i seriously feel like im doing something wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try with a link outside of gmail.

try this link as an example:

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDFOpenParameters.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEw... 

If it works with this link but not with Gmail the issue is with Google. They block users from having this type of PDF workflow.

If the problem happens with the link above or any link outside Gmail you may need to perform an  manual update  of Firefox or uninstall it and reinstall again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get error 404 sorry the page cant be found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get error 404 and i uninstalled and reinstalled firefox did not fix the probelm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you get the 404 error while using cellular data or over a Wi-Fi network?

Can you browse other pages with firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on wifi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the same error when you click on any other link on a Google search?

Can you confirm if the browser is working properly?

We need to rule out that the browser is not working.

404 messages appear when a server is up but the requested page that you're trying to hit is not available.

Please confirm if you're able to at least browse the Internet with both WiFi or cellular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i have it fixed and no im not sure how lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you're saying is that you were able to access PDFs directly in Google using the Gmail app or Mozilla Firefox browser? 

Please update the thread. 

I said earlier that companies like Google, Dropbox or Microsoft block users from opening PDFs directly in the Adobe Reader mobile app. 

I also mentioned that they block in some browsers this workflow and that it forces the PDF document to open in their own supported PDF viewers, not even giving a chance for the browser to download the file.

I would appreciate if you can confirm this so I don't continue to suggest erroneous guidance to users with a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update has stopped me downloading pdf on ringo Park app.says I need a pdf viewer. Used to work just fine in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines