Highlighted

Can't open secured pdf, no password box

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as medical expert for Social Security and have files sent to me in zipped format.  When I unzip I see a pdf file, but when I try to open I get this message:

"Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be completed."

The file is supposed to be secured with my personal password, but no box opens to request a password.

Suggestions welcome.

GPKoocher

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't open secured pdf, no password box

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as medical expert for Social Security and have files sent to me in zipped format.  When I unzip I see a pdf file, but when I try to open I get this message:

"Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be completed."

The file is supposed to be secured with my personal password, but no box opens to request a password.

Suggestions welcome.

GPKoocher

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with Adobe. The issue is most likely a corrupt zip file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GPKoocher

++ Adding to the suggestion by try67

Typically, this message occurs when the ZIP file is in a protected area.

To resolve the problem, move the ZIP file into one of your user profile sub folders, like Downloads, Documents, Pictures, etc.  Then try to extract the files.

If that doesn't work, the ZIP file may be corrupted.  You should replace it with a new download from the source.

Hopw it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the problem continues.  The messages come to me from several different Social Security offices around the country so the error or corruption must be repeated at each office.  It's very confusing because apparently some folks are able to open these files, but I have failed on my desktom and two separate laptoms.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway, try 67 and Amal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF