Highlighted

Can't Print a PDF from Acobat DC on Mac the printer icon is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Suddenly I can not longer print a PDF from Acrobat DC as the printer icon is grey, I have tried to command P and this does not work either and also update adobe to the latest version.

Can anyone help with any other ideas?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ls_rbls | Adobe Community Professional

With the document opened in Reader DC, right-click on any area of the page and select from the context menu "Document Properties".

The "Document Properties" dialogue box should open up by default with the "Security" tab selected.

Down below there's a sction "Document Restrictions Summary". Right below this line see "Printing" and check if it says allowed or not allowed.

If it doesn't allow printing you may need to contact the creator of theat document and ask them to remove the restriction.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Print a PDF from Acobat DC on Mac the printer icon is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Suddenly I can not longer print a PDF from Acrobat DC as the printer icon is grey, I have tried to command P and this does not work either and also update adobe to the latest version.

Can anyone help with any other ideas?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ls_rbls | Adobe Community Professional

With the document opened in Reader DC, right-click on any area of the page and select from the context menu "Document Properties".

The "Document Properties" dialogue box should open up by default with the "Security" tab selected.

Down below there's a sction "Document Restrictions Summary". Right below this line see "Printing" and check if it says allowed or not allowed.

If it doesn't allow printing you may need to contact the creator of theat document and ask them to remove the restriction.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening even if you force a restart of your computer or turn the printer Off then back ON?

If the printer is accessed via USB , is the USB cable properly seated in the USB port?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, have tried restarting my computer and turned printer on and off and also checked that the cable is in properly and still no luck. Weirdly I have just found that other forms that same company have created will print, but this one wont, so maybe the problem is at their end.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that the security settings of the document doesn't allow printing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing the printer brand and model, your operating system version and also which Acrobat Pro version update are you using?

NOTE: As Bernd Alheit mentioned, is this something that is happening with just one particular document or every PDF that you try to print from Acrobat? Is this happening with every other programs, like MS Word, Excel, etc?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have only found it with just one particular document, and all my other programme are printing fine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer is an HP laserjet Pro M201dw, macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5 and using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2020.012.20048.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that is exactly right, the creator has restricted printing I will contact them.

Thanks for your help😊

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1