Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't put a password on my signature

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I would like to secure my signature with a password, so when i go to place my signature on a file it prompts for a password. At my last company I could do this ( I dont remember what PDF editor i was using), but now I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro. Also I would like a timestamp on the signature if posiable.

I went through this guide (below) and did all the steps but it never prompted me for a password.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html

Also, is there any way to attach the digital signature with Outlook365 so it is hard to duplicate?

Any help is greatly appriciated.

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you want to secure signature using a password, so that it prompt for password when you want to use it.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > ABout Acrobat and make sure youhave the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Once you create a new digital signature it asks to secure it with a password so that when you try to use it, it will prompt you to enter the password. As described in the pointer 7 of the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html#create_a_self_signed_digital_id

Also once you sign the PDF with digital/certificate signature you will get the date and time stamped within the signature.

For more information please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/certificate-based-signatures.html

Please try to create a new digital signature as described  in the above help page and see if that helps.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital signature in Acroabt and Reader are always password protected, and always include the full date and time when applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you created a Windows Digital ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines