• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save: "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document..

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked this topic, but I couldn't find a solution when I save a PDF file to a folder on the network, with the Windows Viewer enabled.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/can-t-save-quot-the-file-may-be-read-only-or-another-user-may...

I'm using Acrobat X, I tested on all versions of Windows 10 (1511 - currently 2004). I can edit the document with the Windows Viewer open, but it only works if I save it to a local folder. Through the network, the same file that I edit, the error is reported according to the topic title.

Other steps I've already tested:

• In all versions of Windows 10, only Acrobat X was installed (there is no antivirus installed).
  • I did the Windows Defender ramsonware configuration: (https://helpx.adobe.com/br/acrobat/kb/unable-to-save-pdf-windows-10.html);
  • They were tested with more files: by a download on Google, a PDF created by Word and a scanned file;
  • I did the configuration: Edit -> preferences -> Advanced security -> Enable enhanced security. Checking or unchecking did not solve the problem;
  • Acrobat X has been updated (10.0 -> 10.1.16);
  • I have already installed Adobe Acrobat DC (Windows 10 - v.2004), but the problem still continued.

I work a lot with PDFs, needing to edit and save. The files are saved on the network, for security reasons. I used it with Windows Explorer Viewer (Windows 10 v.1809) enabled and the files were saved normally. Unfortunately my computer's SSD had a failure and I had to change it to another one. After the exchange, I was never able to edit the files on the network and the Windows previewer is necessary due to the large batch of files I work on. Does anyone know how this resolves, without me having to disable the viewer or having to save it in a local folder? Please, I've been trying to solve this for weeks, but if anyone can help, I would be very grateful!!! Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?