• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select text anymore

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use the select tool but the tool no longer selects text, it just makes a large blue block of space.

This has only recently started happening and it's happening with all pdfs.

Yes I have the select tool ticked.

Screenshot 2020-08-17 00.03.04.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible there is no text to select in the file, just an image. Can you share a sample file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some text in this file but it's all garbled. You can try to fix it by exporting the pages as image files (File - Save As Other - Image) then creating a new PDF file from those images and running Text Recognition on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.  These documents have never done this previously, but suddenly started (same provider I download for work through). Do you think I should contact the provider about it, as in is it their end or mine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you're only downloading the files from them and not processing them in any way, then yes, it's caused on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines