• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't sign or create signature. Acrobat freezes and the screen goes black?My adobe Acrobta Reader DC

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently upgraded computers and now on Catalin 10.15.7

My Adobe Acobat Reader DC 

Version 2020.012.20048

For the life of me, can not Sign any documents nor create one? When I try, the screen goes to black and I can only FORCE quite the applaication to get out of the frozen state.

Weird, and help please:)

Hélène

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Thank you Amal for all your time on this.

I simply did delete my acrobat software (without the uninstaller) and re-uploaded another acrobat.

All good now.

Thank you!:)

Hélène

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well. As described Acrobat Reader is not letting you sign or create signature as it keeps on freezing.

As you are using the latest version on Mac OS, please try to reboot the computer once and see if that makes any difference. 

If it still doesn't work, reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

You may also try the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Is there perhaps a simpler way to just delete the software and freshly download from Adobe the Acrobat reader compatable for my computer 10.15.7?

You mean well but you're talking to a photographer, not a high knowledgable IT:(

Thankyou,

Hélène

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hélène,

You may try to remove and reinstalling the application as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/uninstall-reinstall-acrobat.html#UninstallAdobeAcrobatDC... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal for responding and your patience with me. I have attached a screen shot of applications folder. As you can see I do not have an Adobe folder. Just a straight full application. Suggestions? Perhaps simply delete the software and upload a new Acrobat?

Thank you!

HélèneScreen Shot 2020-10-22 at 9.47.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal for all your time on this.

I simply did delete my acrobat software (without the uninstaller) and re-uploaded another acrobat.

All good now.

Thank you!:)

Hélène

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed and the application is up and rnning fine.

Feel  free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having the same issue. Had Acrobat for decades, never had this problem. Now new mac, new ADC software, Adobe crashes 90% of the time I try to save a doc with a signature. Tried a total reinstall, same issue. Anyone have a fix? Its driving me bananas.  I used the uninstaller to uninstall, should I try by just deleting it, seems like a crude thing to do, but I am not an IT person

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines