• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015)

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2016 I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015) Version 2015.006.30527. I got my serial number, but never downloaded the product ... until today. I've installed the program, but it crashes every time I try to scan from my HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 printer. I've updated the HP drivers, and I've tried to update Acrobat from Help > Check for Updates, but the message I receive after it checks is "No updates available."

The problem is, according to this forum, a fix for this "can't scan" issue was made a year or two ago, and I need to update Acrobat to take advantage of it.

I'm running Acrobat 32-bit on my HP Windows 10 64-bit computer. Could that be the problem? If so, how can I exchange my 32-bit Acrobat for a 64-bit program.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leem 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing on scanning.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to scan the document? Also, please try to scan a different document to check if its a file specific issue.

Do you get any error message when you try to scan? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Please try to reboot the computer once and try again and check.

You may also try to repair the installation from the help menu and see if that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, for testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and reboot the computer.
Note: Turning off the security may possess security risk. Please turn on the security after testing.

You may also try the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

If it still doesn't work please try to create a new test user profile with full admin right on Windows and try using the application there and check.

I'm running Acrobat 32-bit on my HP Windows 10 64-bit computer. Could that be the problem?
Acrobat DC is compatible with Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit). For more information please look at the help pages listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/faq.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the fix was issued after Acrobat 2017 was released, you cannot apply it to Acrobat 2015, you need to pay for an upgrade to a newer version. Your software was superseded almost 4 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I checked: 2015.006.30527 was the final update for version 2015, so you have gone as far as you can with free updates. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jailson Silva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines