• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you rotate a page so it stays rotated?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have to make an eBook from some scans that were scanned sideways. I was able to rotate and view them upright and crop them, but when I try to connect them, they appear sideways. I didn't find instructions in Help. It is possible to rotate pages and save them in a way that they will stay rotated when the file is reopened or when you insert that page beneath another page (which I am to do with 40 pages and a front and back cover)? Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Yes, Acrobat (and Reader) allows you to rotate the view, which is not saved when the document is saved, and Acrobat allows you to rotate pages, which is saved when you save the document. Here's a link to more information: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/rotate-pdf.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Yes, you can configure the radaction properties so that there is no visible indication left behind. I can't tell you exactly how to do this at the moment, but it's certainly possible with the right configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Acrobat (and Reader) allows you to rotate the view, which is not saved when the document is saved, and Acrobat allows you to rotate pages, which is saved when you save the document. Here's a link to more information: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/rotate-pdf.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link! Yes, I am trying to do this in Acrobat, not Reader. It seemed like something that should be possible in a good program like Acrobat, but the only option I saw was Rotate View, which didn't persist when the page was saved. There is a huge amount of information in Acrobat Help that showed up when I searched on "rotate page," and I might have overlooked the part I needed. I will follow the instructions in the link, and if there are still problems, will be back. Thanks again! Shirley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it worked! Now I have to do it with 41 more pages, and I can connect them. Thank you so much! (In my version it was under Document/Pages/Rotate, but I found it.)

Would you mind answering another question? I would like to remove some extraneous marks, which must be a common task with scans, and so far have been able to highlight them using Select Image but haven't found a way to delete or remove them once they are highlighted. Here too, I have looked in Help but haven't found the answer. I tried pressing the Del key on the computer, but that didn't work. Maybe I have to highlight them as something other than images, or maybe there is a way to delete the "image." Thank you so much for your help! Tomorrow I will be rotating. 🙂 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have to do that I use the Redaction feature. You can find more information here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/how-to/redact-pdf.html

Redaction is usually discussed in terms of removing sensitive text or images, but you can use it to clean up blemishes like you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rotated them all, and it worked - Thanks! But the redaction page says: "...the selected content will be permanently removed through black out. Acrobat will apply redactions and create a new file with “_Redacted” appended to the file name, with all marked content covered by black boxes." This looks as if the uglies will be replaced with black boxes, which would be just as bad. I want them to disappear entirely, making a clean white page. Is there a way to highlight these spots, specks, and shadows and delete them?

Thanks again! Shirley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can configure the radaction properties so that there is no visible indication left behind. I can't tell you exactly how to do this at the moment, but it's certainly possible with the right configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do seem to be using a particularly ancient version of Acrobat, though. It may be worth saying which version, as Acrobat has changed quite radically since then, and we may give bad advice for your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got instructions that worked - using text boxes and turning both the border and the box white. Got rid of all the specks, and put the eBook up today. Looks great, but I wonder which determines whether it opens in Fit Page or Actual Size (100%), the program that creates it or the program that opens it. Mine is opening in Fit Page in both Acrobat and Acrobat Reader (DC), which is too big. If it's possible to make it open in Actual Size for people who open it from the Web, I would love to know what it is!

Maybe Redaction would have worked too. I didn't check to see if I could turn the covering boxes white because I found this about text boxes, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Shirley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I does not work for me...

The link you gave is not accessible from Belgium...

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/rotate-pdf.html%C2%A0

Where can I find the guidelines how to rotate pages in ACROBAT PRO DC so they stay rotated ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines