• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot connect to Adobe update server, iMac

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this message "cannot connect to Adobe update server" I have an iMac with the latest OS system 10.14.1

Paul

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of acrobat are you trying to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I keep getting a warning that my current Acrobat version (XI) will not be supported on future Mac iOS updates. Seems like I should have option to upgrade...or at least a note telling me that.

Miles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the last update of acrobat xi can be found using the below link.  adobe's not releasing any (free) updates to facilitate compatibility with newer os'es.  you would need to (pay for an) upgrade.

to update:  https://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

to upgrade:  Adobe products: desktop, web, and mobile applications | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barkeypf, you mean you don’t know what version you have? You need to find out. In Acrobat go to the Acrobat menu on the top bar and choose the first About. The number will be something like 11.4.17 or 2016.123.09876. Please type it exactly for us. And tell us the exact product you have eg Acrobat Reader, Adobe Reader, Acrobat Pro... these details are vital to understanding whether you have a problem and what sort of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat  XI Version 11.0.23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same problem - keeps popping up.  I use Adobe Acrobat ProDC.  My MacIOS is Catalina 10.15.7.  I subscribe to Creative Cloud, use the reader, editor, etc.  What's the deal?  What should I do?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you can forget about the update server. 11.0.23 was the last and final update for Acrobat XI.

You haven't said whether you have Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Reader.

Acrobat Pro XI and Acrobat Reader XI will probably run ok in Mac OS Mojave, but are GUARANTEED that they will not run in the next version of mac OS (10.15). Replacements have been available for three years now.

To give you your choices, to save me typing loads of irrelevant stuff, please tell us if you have Acrobat Pro (paid for) or Acrobat Reader (free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro (paid )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. To get a supported version of Acrobat Pro in 64 bits, you can use Acrobat DC (subscription; recommended; includes future upgrades). Or Acrobat 2017 (perpetual license; at least until Apple break it, which may be about a year at current rates; you may need to upgrade again for the next Mac OS). Warning: the new product has a very different look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Macbook air is updated to 10.14.2. but my acrobat is version 10 and I get same message. photoshop is 2015.1 .

since I got as present, I don't know if its pro or not but says can not connect to Adobe update server   any suggestions?

@MVP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an acrobat subscription?  is yes, confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers by reading, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

do you see both logos?

if you can and still see a connection error, white list the adobe network endpoints, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see both logos.

doi activate the Creative Cloud?

where can I find the icon?

sorry, u used to have a TI that did everything for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find out the exact version of Acrobat Pro X or Adobe Reader X. Go to ABOUT from the application menu. It might be something like 10.0.0 or 10.13.15 or many others. With this info we can tell you whether you are up to date already, or where to get an update. You need also to tell us if it's Acrobat pro or Adobe Reader, it will say this in the application menu.

The application menu is the one on the menu bar, at the TOP, in second position, just after the apple icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACROBAT PRO

Acrobat X, version 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acrobat x is not subscription and never has been.

the last update acrobat x won't make it compatible with your os, but it's here,  https://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry my ignorance, is it the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I should use to update?

Does it come with the plug-ins?

The Acrobat Pro Extended is only for windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reader is free and can be used to view (but not edit) pdfs.

if you own a pdf editor, it’s not reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I can edit pdfs etc.

then which program update should I run/update to?

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 21.22.12.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-22 at 21.23.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download and then install the last update to acrobat x standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines