• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create pdf from Microsoft Office files

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose Create pdf from File, if I select any Microsoft Office file,  i get a warning dialog 'Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files and offering to run the installer in repair mode. Running the installer does not fix the problem. The Windows configuring dialog warns that it will take 18 minutes, but closes after about 2 minutes. I then get a warning that Acrobat cannot open the office file (an ordinary Word document) because it is not supported or is damaged. It advises me to print to PDF from the source application. Printing to PDF works o.k.

But why can't Acrobat open a perfectly ordinary Word or Excel file?

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC continuous release 2018.011.20038 and Microsoft Office 365 Word Version 1802 Build 9029-2253

with Windows 10 64bit Pro version 10.0.16299

Any help appreciated!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

The following support file, might provide a solution for you:

If you don't succeed with the troubleshooting tips from the above link, you might need to do do a complete uninstall/reinstall to solve the issue, and ensure you have latest updates for office and Acrobat DC installed:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following support file, might provide a solution for you:

If you don't succeed with the troubleshooting tips from the above link, you might need to do do a complete uninstall/reinstall to solve the issue, and ensure you have latest updates for office and Acrobat DC installed:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cari.

I uninstalled Acrobat Pro DC completely. Also uninstalled the Adobe PDF print drivers.

That seems to have cured the problem and I can now both Create a PDF from a Word Doc and print a Word doc to PDF.

Thanks!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad to hear the issue is resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines