• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete individual pages in Adobe Acrobat X PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So annoying.  When I try to delete individual pages it gives me the error message "one or more pages are in use and cannot be deleted".  I have tried closing the thumbnail page preview pane, selecting the pages and hitting backspace (delete), highlighting and choosing the 'delete page' icon at the top of the toolbar....nothing.  I have seen a lot of threads about this issue that are dated 2011 with no solutions.  Has anyone out there found the solution?

Much appreciated.

Using Adobe Acrobat 10.1.4, Mac OSX 10.7.4

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

After raging about this myself for awhile, I found  Help Menu - Repair Acrobat Installation. It requires a restart. And, it seemed to work. So far, two files, which wouldn't delete a page no matter how I much of a bribe I tried to offer, delete pages as if nothing was ever wrong. If that changes, I'll repost, but for now...

(Win7 64-bit, Acrobat 10.1.4 Pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask in the Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on one PDF file or all pdf files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All PDF files.

Thanks for bumping me, btw.  Clearly, I'm a newbie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, it's EXTREMELY frustrating, and has been apparently going on for well over a year without a fix from Adobe.  Please, tell me there's a fix.  THe workarounds are killing me and wasting tons of time!

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if one of you would answer Michael's question about happening on all PDFs or just some. It may be a PDF issue, not Acrobat and at this point we have no idea. Also, info on the OS and Acrobat version is useful (included with the original post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post.  The original poster (Imspence) did supply both pieces of information for his situation, and the exact same is true for me:  We are both using Adobe Acrobat 10.1.4, and it happens on all PDFs, although not every time. 

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After raging about this myself for awhile, I found  Help Menu - Repair Acrobat Installation. It requires a restart. And, it seemed to work. So far, two files, which wouldn't delete a page no matter how I much of a bribe I tried to offer, delete pages as if nothing was ever wrong. If that changes, I'll repost, but for now...

(Win7 64-bit, Acrobat 10.1.4 Pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!!  I have been struggling with this for weeks, and this solution fixed me right up!  Thanks again you are awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up on Acrobat X. I do everything in Acrobat 9! The sad thing is that they haven't fix AX, and now they want me to pay for an Acrobat 11! What a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that if I save and close the file and then reopen it, I am able to delete the pages. So far that has worked every time but I don't know why. Maybe the program just isn't able to "let go" of the file for a major thing like deleting a page until it's been closed and reopened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes that works. Other times I have to close the program. I decided to edit pages in Acrobat 9x to save me the headaches. We really shoulded worry though... there's a new "perfected" Acrobat 11 available! (wink wink. nudge nudge. know what I mean)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's been two months since I've posted my repair attempt and I have to say I haven't had any more problems at all with this issue. Still with Acrobat X too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think I closed the program each time too. I think I always close the program when I close a pdf document. And I didn't get Acrobat 11 and don't intend to. I had both X and 9 but when I was moved to a new machine, they didn't install 9, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you actually want to fix this problem in Acrobat X:

1. Go to the Help Menu

2. Select Repair Installation

3. Follow the instructions

4. Get on with your life

If all you really want to do is keep complaining with each other (Armadillo77 & stephiesmith), get a room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works on Acrobat 9x. I can't see it where to find it on Acrobat X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this a long time ago and it didn't work for me. Think about it. If everyone could take care of this problem by following this fix, the problem wouldn't be ongoing for all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. so there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right "ijust". Why should I expect, after constant $ to upgrade, a program that works. We should like what they give us and just shut up. Never mind getting what we actually paid for. We just shouldn't mind a few steps backward every once in a while. It'll make us tough like you seem to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you said,

If you actually want to fix this problem in Acrobat X:

1. Go to the Help Menu

2. Select Repair Installation

3. Follow the instructions

4. Get on with your life

was perfectly right. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I cannot delete individual pages in Adobe Acrobat Pro X while Adobe Bridge is on. Try turning it off. (I am running Windows XP, 32 bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just figured this out myself. You have to go to the View tab on the toolbar then scroll down to the navigation panels then click pages and all the pages in the document should pop up and just click on the page you want to delete and there should be a little trash can icon in the top right corner... click on that and it's gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to delete pages almost anywhere in this program (select a thumbnail and hit delete/trash can, CMD+SHT+D, etc.), not just the the way you've described. To remedy this problem I reopen the document in A9, and delete the page(s) as usual the way it should always work. What we are describing in this thread is the inability to do in Acrobat X what we've been able to do in all versions leading up to this version. It is a bug/problem with AX that has gone un addressed by Adobe. Instead of fixing AX, we are urged to drop $$$ on Adobe 11. Not sure if thie bug is still happening in the new version, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines