Highlighted

Cannot drag and drop tags after August 2020 update

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer consistently drag and drop tags in the tag tree. Cut/paste still works, but does not allow me to nest tags quickly and easily. Additionally, I can no longer drag/drop items in the order or bookmark panels.

Occasionally, I am able to drag and drop things but only at random intervals. When it does work, I'm not able to drag/drop a second time. I've restarted my computer, gotten a new mouse, etc. I use a work-provided computer, so I cannot make changes to the new Sandbox Protections that are currently enabled. However, I suspect that if this issue was connected to the new security features, then I wouldn't be able to move the tags at all rather than the issue I'm currently experiencing.

Thank you!

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot drag and drop tags after August 2020 update

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer consistently drag and drop tags in the tag tree. Cut/paste still works, but does not allow me to nest tags quickly and easily. Additionally, I can no longer drag/drop items in the order or bookmark panels.

Occasionally, I am able to drag and drop things but only at random intervals. When it does work, I'm not able to drag/drop a second time. I've restarted my computer, gotten a new mouse, etc. I use a work-provided computer, so I cannot make changes to the new Sandbox Protections that are currently enabled. However, I suspect that if this issue was connected to the new security features, then I wouldn't be able to move the tags at all rather than the issue I'm currently experiencing.

Thank you!

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to reposition tags by dragging, and I am not seeing anything unusual.  I can drag, re-drag, and nest tags at will.  I am using Windows 10, and Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.012.20043.  My PDF that I used was one I converted from Word. Might your issue be with the PDF and not Acrobat?  Have you tried other docs?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried this with several documents. I also looked at documents that I was able to review just last week. I do have a different version number, so perhaps that is the issue. Thank you for your response!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the ability/rights to get the latest version, that installation may take care of your issue.  Good luck.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Addy5E35,
I've drooped a Private Message to you regarding this issue. Can you please have a look.

Thanks,

Shagufta

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF