Highlighted

Cannot fill fillable areas in PDF

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat DC and have a paid subscription to Adobe. 

I'm trying to fill in a fillable document, which I need to send in asap. Before I download the document, I can fill it in online while using safari, however, after I download it, I can click on fillable areas, but no text is being entered. 

I've checked the securities (there are none), and I've checked to make sure that my ink isn't white (it isn't). Why can't I fill in this damn document?!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot fill fillable areas in PDF

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat DC and have a paid subscription to Adobe. 

I'm trying to fill in a fillable document, which I need to send in asap. Before I download the document, I can fill it in online while using safari, however, after I download it, I can click on fillable areas, but no text is being entered. 

I've checked the securities (there are none), and I've checked to make sure that my ink isn't white (it isn't). Why can't I fill in this damn document?!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erica,

PERHAPS it's because you started to fill in the PDF before you downloaded it and did something to lock it during the download step? Some PDFs do lock after you've signed it, did you sign it in the Browser?

Also, when you are looking/working with a PDF in a browser, you are using that browser's PDF engine which may not be the best and that could have broke the PDF. So I go back to my question if you can download the original PDF before you started filling it out on line?

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's okay you have a lock on it. you're going to have to unlock encryption
answering to go into your settings and you going to have to do it there in
order for the document to go through

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Be sure to download the PDF form into your computer.

2. Be sure to open this form using Acrobat Reader (vs Apple Preview which does not really support AcroForms).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0