• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Go Back to change data with 'Fill & Sign' or 'Edit' once a PDF has been saved...?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry folks, but I'm just a novice,  But I could really use some HELP,  I read some of Your much more sophisticated stuff in this community and it really makes my Head Spin...!

For some reason that I cannot figure out...I cannot 'Edit' or 'Fill and Sign' PDFs' once they have been previously saved, regardless of time frame... The 'Fill & Sign',  Not At All...!  The 'Edit',  I still get just a few 'Boxes' on Forms that I can edit... but NOT the entire Form...?   I have NO idea how to 'tell' this mess to ALLOW me to modify data on these Simple Forms after they have been saved and it is needed to go back in and modify information before the forms are returned to the requester!

Thanks for the Help.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stefank

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to change the data with Fill and Sign or Edit once the PDF is saved.

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs ? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20135. Go to Help > Check for updates

- Is the PDF form signed and then saved? If yes, once the PDF is signed it gets locked for further changes. Signing should be the last thing to be done on a PDF.  For information about editing the signed document please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/edit-signed-PDF.html and see if that works for you.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines