• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot insert or combine Word files in Acrobat X

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new computer build, latest Win10 and latest Office 365 download.  I installed Acrobat X, got all the available updates, and now am trying to combine some Word DOC files into a PDF file.  Tried right-click and combining the Word files into the PDF, and also tried opening the PDF and inserting the Word DOC files into the location in the document where they need to go.

In both cases, a File Save box comes up asking for a file name for the first selected Word file, which never used to happen on my old system.  It would always just save temporary files during the combine process.  But even if I go ahead and click Save on whatever location came up, the progress bar still hangs afterward.  If I hit Cancel then that first Word file will indeed come up as its own separate PDF file, and nothing else has been combined or shows up in my original PDF file.

Heard it may have something to do with Office being 64-bit and Acrobat X being 32-bit.  Could that be the case?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is an old and outdated version, no longer supported by Adobe and not compatible with Windows 10.

That doesn't mean it won't work, but that problems are to be expected.

Your best chance of getting it to work is to install all available updates up to 10.1.16 (you can get them here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/), and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7, but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, your version of Office is not compatible with Acrobat X. See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatible-web-browsers-pdfmaker-applications-old.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines