• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open a secured PDF files controlled by remote server

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used be able to open a securied PDF file using Acrobat, but now it shows the following error message:

"The compyter must be connected to the network in order to open this document. Your permission to open this document offline has expired. Make sure this computer is connected to the network and the Adobe Experience Manager - Forms server (Doument Security) is running."

For you reference, when I was able to open the document before, or my co-work open the file. It pops out the following screen but now I could not see:

"Access to this document is restricted by this remote server:

apps.xxxx.com

"

Then it promotes me to login then I am able to see the document. However, this pop up screen never shows up and instead only show the error message. 

Please help on how to address this issue. Many thanks.

Letian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this computer still connected to the internet? Have you changed anything recently (computer, system, firewall, network, antivirus...?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it is connected to the network because I could brower internal/external web sites, download files ect. I did not change the compter setting, but from time to time the company remind us to restart for security updates, that might be the only change./

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having a similar problem, but I receive a different error message.  Mine says: "This computer must be connected to the network in order to open this document.  Connect this computer to the network and then try opening the document again."

Obviously my computer is already connected to the Internet.  Otherwise I would not be able to post this message.

The PDF that I am trying to open was issued in 2014.  I suppose that the network infrastructure underlying the security features of the PDF has changed since that time and Acrobat is trying to connect to resources that are no longer in place.  But if anyone knows of a fix or workaround, I would be most grateful for suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to add two points of clarification about my problem:

• The file I am trying to open is on an attached drive, not on a network, and
  • I tried opening the file on an older computer and OS that date from around 2014.  The result was the same error message as before.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines