Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot print a long pdf into multiple pages

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working with a client who is currently trying to print a long pdf file into multiple pages. I have went through and followed the instructions I found to have the print options selected as a poster but when we print part of her document gets cut off, or she has to cut it which she doesn't want to do. She said she was able to print long pdf's without having to cut them into the sections she needs, and I am stumped on this problem. The pdf is pretty long and we just want to be able to print it into multiple sections, without having to cut the printed document with later. Right now we are working with Adobe Acrobat Professional and I just installed her new printer yesterday. I'm kind of doubting if its even possible. 

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You give few details such as the actual dimensions of the PDF page and the type of printer you are printing to including the paper size(s) it supports.

Be aware that most printers have specific “imageable areas” – most often there are borders that cannot be printed on.

More details?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer is HP PageWide MFP 477DN. This is an enterprise business printer, and the page size the printer supports is. I don't know where I can find the actual size of the PDF, but when I select the poster option in print it wants to print it to a 77 x 17 inch page. 

Media sizes supported
  • Tray 1: Letter, oficio, legal, statement, executive, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No. 10, Monarch)
  • Tray 2: Letter, statement, executive, envelopes (No. 10)
  • Tray 3: Letter, oficio, legal, statement, executive

I got the printer to print the pdf in a normal format but it cut off where it should have printed to another page but didn't. I did this with just the normal print settings not the poster setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so it looks like using the measuring tool, 70in x 11in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines